kasno, nedavno, dockan, natozakasnio, bivši, kasan, okasnio, pozan, zadocnio
Adjective(1) being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time(2) after the expected or usual time; delayed(3) of the immediate past or just previous to the present time(4) having died recently(5) of a later stage in the development of a language or literature; used especially of dead languages(6) at or toward an end or late period or stage of development(7) (used especially of persons
Adverb(1) later than usual or than expected(2) to an advanced time(3) at an advanced age or stage(4) in the recent past
(1) While in pruning mode, cut late flowering clematis hard back to a low pair of fat buds.(2) I had arrived quite late in the day when dusk was falling.(3) Management loved him, except for the fact that he was always a few minutes late for work.(4) Fatima, in her late fifties, is a practising Muslim who prays and fasts but is not veiled.(5) Less than half of the adult population regularly attended church by the late 1980s.(6) Acidantheras have a wonderful scent and are excellent for late flowering.(7) his late sister(8) It is believed that hormones are involved and women who have their first child late in life or who have no children are more at risk.(9) I arrived half an hour late because Dad lost his palm pilot and couldn't remember what time school started.(10) She is late and I am edgy, expecting a group of tough females in hoods and trainers.(11) Two late goals gave Crewe their first win since the opening day of the season as they beat Luton 3-1.(12) Bridget was a hard worker as was her late husband James and together they reared a family of four in very difficult times.(13) He won some points though late in August and I never made scalping jokes after that.(14) to stay up late(15) I arrived in Wolverhampton late this evening, as I'm doing a small part in a short film here tomorrow.(16) The white currant is White transparent, again a late flowering variety.
(1) too late :: prekasno
(2) stay up late :: ostati budan do kasno
(3) be late :: kasniti
(4) very late :: vrlo kasno
(5) better late than never :: bolje ikad nego nikad
(6) get up late :: ustani kasno
(7) sleep late :: spavaju do kasno
(8) go to bed late :: ići u krevet kasno
(9) late at night :: kasno u noć
(10) late night :: kasno uveče
1. behind schedule ::
2. dead ::
3. recent ::
4. belated ::
5. later ::
6. previous ::
7. behind schedule ::
8. after hours ::
poslije radnog vremena
9. late at night ::
kasno u noć
10. deep ::
11. latterly ::
u posljednje vrijeme
1. early ::
2. inopportune ::
3. precocious ::
4. premature ::
5. untimely ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Grateful for your LATE father's
courageous support of his claim,
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 4
Jesse, you are now 42 minutes LATE.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 12
- Maybe I could go in a little LATE.
- No, no, no, you can't.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
I was up LATE last night.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 6
Plus, yeah, with them working LATE
so much, we get some privacy.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 4
English to Bosnian Dictionary: late
Meaning and definitions of late, translation in Bosnian
language for late with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of late in Bosnian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'late'
What late means in Bosnian, late meaning
in Bosnian, late
definition, examples and pronunciation
of late in Bosnian language.