Verb(1) fail to keep or to maintain; cease to have, either physically or in an abstract sense(2) fail to win(3) suffer the loss of a person through death or removal(4) miss from one's possessions; lose sight of(5) allow to go out of sight or mind(6) fail to make money in a business; make a loss or fail to profit(7) fail to get or obtain(8) fail to perceive or to catch with the senses or the mind(9) withdraw, as from reality(10) be set at a disadvantage
(1) Players will lose time and money, people will lose jobs, and customers will lose their product.(2) England have defaulted a match in this tournament, but are yet to lose a game on the field.(3) Become concerned if the patient begins to lose more weight than 6 pounds in 6 months.(4) the manager said he didn't want to lose her(5) However, Fiona fell pregnant and now wants to get through these nine months, knowing she could lose her baby.(6) That helped him tone up, lose a little more weight, and feel even better.(7) That said however neither side deserved to lose a game that was played under the most appalling conditions.(8) lose that creep!(9) That means that the government would lose money with the current tax structure.(10) It is far more tragic for parents to lose a child from a sudden death; it leaves them with many unsaid things and feelings of regret.(11) This de-motivates people - as a result they leave the party, they lose enthusiasm, they cease to be active.(12) This column has always argued that economic freedom and the opportunity to make, spend and lose money is central to a creative society.(13) she couldn't eat and began to lose weight(14) Neither side deserved to lose a game that see-sawed back and forth for the whole hour-plus.(15) Was I saying that I needed to move faster, or else I would lose all of my chances?(16) But, remember, the amount of weight you lose is entirely at your own discretion and you can join in or drop out of the campaign at any time.
(1) to lose :: izgubiti
(2) lose weight :: Smršati
(3) lose control :: izgubiti kontrolu
(4) lose it :: izgubiti
(5) lose out :: pretrpiti poraz
(6) lose heart :: obeshrabriti se
(7) lose face :: izgubiti ugled
(8) lose touch :: izgubiti dodir
(9) lose hope :: posustati
(10) lose money :: izgubiti novac
1. mislay ::
2. be deprived of ::
3. escape from ::
4. stray from ::
5. miss ::
6. be defeated ::
7. discard ::
8. misplace ::
9. fall back ::
10. suffer ::
1. win ::
lose, loses, losing, losings
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...that you would rather LOSE by yourself
than win as part of a team?
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 13
If anyone recognizes you,
you'll LOSE more than that.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 3
Your only move is to play the potion,
LOSE the skirmish...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 5
In our ragtag band of scientists
with nothing to LOSE...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 17
If you march all the way back north now,
you'll LOSE what you gained.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
English to Bosnian Dictionary: lose
Meaning and definitions of lose, translation in Bosnian
language for lose with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of lose in Bosnian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'lose'
What lose means in Bosnian, lose meaning
in Bosnian, lose
definition, examples and pronunciation
of lose in Bosnian language.