obuzdati, uzdržati, obuzdavati, uzdržavati, zadržati, uzdržavati se, sprječavati
Verb(1) to close within bounds, or otherwise limit or deprive of free movement(2) restrict (someone or something(3) prevent (someone or something(4) prevent the action or expression of
(1) I just stood there and watched powerlessly, as T.J.'s dad violently struggled to restrain his son from running off.(2) It would produce a report, stating its opinion as to whether or not the proposed takeover would be likely to prevent or restrict competition or restrain trade and would be likely to operate against the common good.(3) You can heave that rock to the top of the slope, but unless you make a constant effort to restrain it, sooner or later it will come rolling down again.(4) all front seats must be equipped with seat belts which restrain the upper part of the body(5) the need to restrain public expenditure(6) At first, I managed to restrain myself, but then I heard a suppressed giggle from the veranda and made the mistake of turning round.(7) Finally, he reached into his knapsack, removing a pair of handcuffs and leg shackles to restrain Nathan.(8) I replied, unable to restrain my fast spreading grin.(9) Detective 1 was explaining to me how it's extremely difficult to restrain someone without hurting them.(10) After all, the clergy were keepers of public conscience - it was their duty to restrain avarice, sanctify poverty and excommunicate kings if they chose.(11) His shoulders were shaking in an attempt to restrain himself and appear strong in front of his brother.(12) Amos had to restrain his impatience(13) Although the government and opposition signed a peace protocol, both are weak and splintered, unable to restrain their rank and file supporters.(14) The government had worked hard to restrain price rises for the campaigning period.(15) It takes a strong amount of concentration to restrain total loss of control(16) Amiss had to restrain his impatience
(1) to restrain :: da se uzdrže
(2) restrain oneself :: uzdržati se
(3) restrain one's passion :: obuzdati jedan strast
(4) restrain from :: uzdrže od
1. control ::
2. prevent ::
4. confine ::
5. cumber ::
6. hold back ::
7. intimidate ::
1. lose ::
restrain, restrained, restrainer, restrainers, restraining, restrains
English to Bosnian Dictionary: restrain
Meaning and definitions of restrain, translation in Bosnian
language for restrain with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of restrain in Bosnian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'restrain'
What restrain means in Bosnian, restrain meaning
in Bosnian, restrain
definition, examples and pronunciation
of restrain in Bosnian language.